AIR HANDLING UNIT – CRA542
Teaching Experimental Applications (View Data Sheet (pdf))
- Identification of the components of an air handling unit dual-flow and a chilled water production unit.
- Commissioning and operating control of a plant.
- Measurement of the operating parameters (air temperature, air humidity, air speed, differential pressure).
- Study of heat exchange and transformation of air (electric heating coil, chilled water cooling coil, humidifier).
- Drawing of air cycle on a psychrometric diagram.
- Drawing of the characteristic curves of the air blower (pressure according to flow rate)
- Air filter maintenance (measurement of pressure losses, replacement operation of the filter)
- Maintenance of the droplet separator (removal, cleaning, mounting)
- Maintenance of the air blowing unit (removal of the belt, fitting a new belt, adjustment of alignment and of the tension)
Technical Details (View Specification (docx))
Heating coil for fresh air simulation
-Electric coil with safety thermostat
-Three power stages: 2.5KW or 7.5KW or 5KW
Mixing air dampers between the fresh air and the recycled air -system of three dampers (fresh air, mixed air, exhaust air)
-manual adjustment of the position
-dampers linked by a hinge linkage
-system consisting of two filters (opacimetric and gravimetric)
-the filters are removable
Measurement points for pressure losses of the filters (connection points of the portable device supplied)
Chilled water production unit supplying the cooling coil consisting of:
– chilled water production unit of 9KW inverter and reversible
– Solated buffer tank, volume 25L
-Float flow meter (160-1600L /h) and two thermometers (0-60°C)
-Graduated control valve for the flow rate -a filling valve and manometer (0-6 bars)
-Two manometers on the refrigerant circuit with double scale pressure/temperature
Humidified with adjustable flow rate 0-100%
-steam production: 5kg /h
– automatic filling and drain
Steam injector made of stainless steel with condensate drainage.
Air washer nozzle with the flow rate control valve and float flowmeter (1.2-12L /h)
Water supply comprising a stop valve, a 25μ filter and a pressure manometer (0-6 bars)
Droplet separator made of stainless steel, removable
Heating coil for air handling -electric coil with safety thermostat -power adjustable from 0 to 100% (0 to 6.5KW)
Supply air blower
– motor and blower coupling by pulley-belt system
– motor with power 1.1KW mounted on a plate with tensioner
-centrifugal blower (70mmH2O-2900m3 /h)
Return air blower
– direct coupling between motor and blower
– variable speed motor with power 0.75KW -centrifugal blower
Electrical box of the installation:
The machine should have an electrical box compliant with European standards.
Contains at least:
-General power disconnect
– 30mA differential circuit breaker
-the necessary circuit breakers and relay circuitry for the operation
-the pushbuttons and indicator lights necessary for the operation
-Emergency stop button
–Speed controller for air supply fan -two dimmers for the handling coil
– Ammeter and voltmeter for measurement of the supply to the water chiller.
-Three potentiometers graduated from 0 to 100% for the control of:
Air blower , humidifier and handling heating coil
-Four positions commutator for the selection of the power of fresh air coil (2.5KW, 7.5KW or 5KW
The machine should come with the following portable instruments: -a portable digital anemometer -a portable digital thermo-hygrometer -a portable digital thermometer with two wire thermocouple probes -a digital differential pressure manometer Each unit is supplied in a briefcase with instructions for its use.
Dimensions: (LxWxH mm):
Air handling unit : 3595 x 960 x 1650 (2110 with the chimney)
Child water production unit : 2100x500x1670
Air handling unit : 390
Child water production unit : 260
- User Manual
- Pedagogical manual
- Technical documentation of the components
- Lab exercises
- Certificate of conformity CE