Automotive actuators-ADA 305
Teaching Experimental Applications (View Specification (docx))
- Analysis of how the different actuators work.
- Testing electrical/electronic signals with without voltage and under voltage.
- Diagnosis of faults in the actuators: Lack of supply, actuator broken, short circuit to mass or to actuation positive, failure in the communication bus of the actuator (CAN-LIN).
- Instrumentation handling: Oscilloscope, Polymeter
- Autonomous equipment for the study of actuators in a car.
- The actuators shall include the following equipment:
- Ignition coil with incorporated spark
- Electromagnetic injector
- DC Motor: Open loop speed control and closed loop control position potenciometre on the shaft.
- Cooling fan: Analogue or series resistance speed control
- Electro valve: All/Nothing Control (ON/OFF) and linear control by means of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM).
- Electromagnet: ON/OFF Control
- Windscreen washer motor pump: Motor pump control in both directions.
- Step Motor: Two working speeds.
- Actuators related with lighting: Position-brake light, emergency warning lights, lights on warning
- Acoustic actuator, piezoelectric buzzer: Actuation of the same with two different tones.
- The control technologies implemented are:
- Digital control
- Analogue Control
- Control by CAN bus
- Control by pulse width modulation PWM
- Testing points protected against possible incorrect manipulations, for carrying out measurements at the different points of the circuit.
- Possibility of controlling various actuators from the control unit
Contents to be studied
- Technologies used in the actuator design
- Types and characteristics of actuators
- Types actuator control systems (analogue, digital, CAN bus, LIN bus)
- User manual.
- Practise activity manual
- Accessory store