Falling Ball Viscometer – PBV001
Teaching Experimental Applications (View Datasheet (pdf))
- Determination of kinematic and dynamic viscosity of the translucent liquids.
- Determination of balls drag coefficient or other models with fluid of known viscosity.
- Application of laws of Stokes, Oseen and Klyachtro.
- Correction of Brenner (velocity) and of Walther (temperature)
- Determination of the empirical viscosities of Engler, Saybolt and Redwood.
Technical Details (View Specification (docx))
The bench shall be supplied with several sets of balls of diameters and different materials. The bench includes two downpipes in illuminated altuglas by a neon background measuring 1 meter in height for an inner diameter of 114 mm. It should be also with two bins, a support panel, a stopwatch and two valves of recovery of the balls and of drainage of the tubes
- Power supply: 220 VAC – 50 Hz
Dimensions and Weight:
- Dimension (LxWxH): 560 mm x 250mm x 1700mm
- Weight : 60 kg
- User Manual
- Pedagogical manual
- Technical documentation of the components
- Lab exercises
- Certificate of conformity CE