Hybrid vehicle application- ADA 307
Teaching Experimental Applications (View Specification (docx))
- Analysis of HYBRID VEHICLES systems.
With the system able to;
- Make conceptual studies in combined cycle PHEVs simulating the operation of a real vehicle on different journeys and contexts.
- Assess high-voltage electricity flows.
- Analyse the power combination of an internal combustion engine and an electric motor/generator.
The interactive panel has the same devices as a vehicle: start switch, accelerator, brakes, speed selector, A/C switch, and off-board battery charge button (plug-in).
It reproduces the different stages in an engine operation cycle (electric motor, internal combustion engine) as well as the battery pack status (charged, depleted, generator).
Two measuring positions, V1/V2, to check the parameters selected with the software:
- Battery pack charge level.
- Battery voltage.
- Battery charging current.
- Electric motor work voltage.
- Vehicle speed.
The hardware trainer is a driving simulator (gear, speed, battery charge, fuel gauge).
All the actions performed on the panel are represented in the software instrument panel.
The software provides information on vehicle performance in figures, graphics, and gauges. The user can choose to view the numerical data screen, the nomogram screen, or the synoptic chart screen.
The effect of various situations on hybrid vehicle performance can be assessed by programming journeys and carrying out tests. The data can be exported to Excel.
The virtual model shows all operating stages:
- Electric motor.
- Internal combustion engine.
- Electric motor + internal combustion engine and overlapping mode.
- Energy restoration and battery charging.
Modelling with MATLAB Simulink®
It is delivered as executable software to be used with no
need of a MATLAB licence, including sources.
- Vehicle operating simulation (considering weight, fuel level, vehicle power, etc.)
- Energy distribution simulation:
– in acceleration mode (consumption).
– in braking mode (recharge).
DIMENSIONS: 446x270x100 mm.
Contents to be studied
- ELECTRIC MOTORS
- Electric rotary machines
- Operating principle
- Advantages of electric motors
- Classification of electric motors.
- Synchronous motors.
- Asynchronous or induction motors.
- Permanent magnet synchronous motors.
- Basic functioning.
- Three-phase asynchronous motors.
- Short-circuited asynchronous rotor motors.
- Wound rotor asynchronous motors.
- High and low voltage supply system
- Hybrid-electric system control unit
- Inverter unit.
- Functioning as a motor.
- Functioning as a generator
- Two-way booster.
- DC/DC converter.
- Cooling systems.
- Diagram of real converter/inverter components (example: toyota).
- BATTERY TYPES:
- Battery characterisation terminology.
- Terminology used to describe a battery’s construction characteristics.
- Terminology used to describe a battery’s functional characteristics ………80
- Battery types.
- Lead-acid batteries.
- Valve-regulated lead-acid (vrla) batteries.
- Alkaline batteries.
- Nickel-cadmium batteries.
- Nickel-metal hydride batteries.
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Advanced batteries.
- Molten salt batteries.
- Metal-air batteries.
- Flow batteries.
- Battery management systems.
- Hazards connected with high voltage and with the use and handling of vehicle batteries.
- High voltage safety measures for hybrid vehicles.
- Precautions for handling the hv battery.
- Charge types and connectors.
- Charge types.
- Connector types.
- Possible european connector standards.
- COMBINED CYCLE:
- Combined cycle system functioning.
- Main components.
- Synergy drive hybrid driving phases.
- Combined cycle system operating strategy.
- Hybrid transaxle.
- Operating principle of the power distribution device.
- Ready status on (vehicle stationary).
- The vehicle begins to run.
- Driving on a flat road with a light load.
- On full acceleration.
- During deceleration.
- On reversing.
- EFFICIENT DRIVING:
- Main advantages of efficient driving.
- Increased safety.
- Lower consumption.
- Lower cost.
- Lower emissions.
- The engine: relevant variables for consumption.
- Vehicle travel resistances.
- Rules for efficient driving.
- User manual.
- Practical activities manual.