PACKAGING MACHINE WITH 6 AXES ROBOTIC ARM – MLP550
Teaching Experimental Applications ( View Data Sheet (pdf))
- Production line management: format change following production sheets & process, mechanical adjustments, tooling changes following type of crate, lid, container, taken by 1 or 2 …
- Configuration of the application according to the types of containers, crates with or without lid, the number of container per crate & their inside disposal, the quantity to produce crate, execution speed of the robot
Preventive maintenance: setting, control of operating conditions, validation and testing
- Technical and Functional analysis, industrial maintenance organization
Technical Details (View Specification (docx) )
The machine consisting of conveyors powered by variators (the production rate management).
Transfert of products:
- conveyor of products: with carrier beam in aluminum / Ensures the supply of bottles and jars, equipped with adjustable side rail and centering plates of interchangeable containers. Providing the centering plates of different sizes for robot configuration activity: possibility given to the operator via the HMI to adjust the arm position for proper management of containers.
- optical sensors & capacitive for detection of the products for the various positions (management of saturations)
- regulating cylinder of flow of products (ginner system) equipped with ILS detectors and controlled by solenoid valve 5/2.
Transfer of plastic bins:
- Belt conveyor equipped with adjustable guide rails depending on the formats of bins
- Optical detectors of presence of the bins at different stages (management of saturations).
- Cylinders of regulating the movement of bins, controlled by electro distributors 5/2
- Pressure switches and ILS sensors for detecting cylinder positions
- Pressure regulator with manometer for pressure control exerted on the crates during their maintenance
Chargers with lid:
Interchangeable removable storerooms localized (with capacitive presence detection) for
- cover sizes shall be provided (Multiplication of format change activities)
Gripper, robot arm multi-tool:
The establishment of the products into the bins and lids is performed by a robotic arm 6 axes equipped with two types of gripping:
- with suction cup for taking of the lids in distribution chargers (2 size lids provided)
- via a clamp with interchangeable jaws according to the type and number of products to be taken: multiplication of change activities of crating recipe
- Cylinder parallel clamp oversized to support the educational use. 4 pairs of easily interchangeable clamps (locating pin, and setting up the robot via the HMI in the position dedicated to tooling change), for gripping by one or two of bottle or jar
- Use of pressure switch, vacuum switch, PNP sensors, and programmable optical sensor for embedded control actuators at arm’s length. Backup file
- Programming via a console equipped with a joystick (initial reference point, trajectory, etc …)
- The operator can select the following parameters directly via the HMI of the machine without using the of the arm:
- Number of crates
- The placement of containers in the small or large crate
- The robot’s manual control (setting initial position or position tooling change)
- The manual control of the arm length actuators (suction clamp & cover of gripping)
- The average speed, fast & possibility to shift the taking of the bottles
- The tool mounted at the end makes it possible to achieve an execution radius of 700mm. The different robot work stations were positioned to allow to highlight the magnitude of possible use as well as the execution speed of the robot
3D simulation software tool PHL ROBOT STUDIO
This offline programming software and robotic cell simulation runs in the Windows environment on PC and includes a set of functions and software modules that meet the following demands
– Study of robotic cell implantation,
- Generation of trajectories according to geometric data in 3D to SAT format
- Edition of robot programs and system settings
- Test and development of robot programs,
- Cycle time estimation, analysis and optimization of existing trajectories,
- Training of operating personnel and of programming.
The functions ‘on line’ adds the connection by Ethernet to the real robot cabinets for transfers of trajectories (of the robot towards the RobotStudio software and vice versa), the editing of the programs and system settings. This software is provided with a network license for 100 simultaneous users.
The product operation “off-line” on the PC, which allows the realization of these tasks without tying up your tool of “production” through technology “Virtual Robot”
Ability to carry out practical work in the room:
- Risk reduction by visualizing and confirming the technical solutions before the industrial establishment,
- Introduction of new parts or modification of existing parts without stopping production,
- Optimizing of robot programs to increase the productivity without stopping production.
- Obtaining a better quality of parts through the creation of more accurate trajectories
- Reproduce closely the operation of the real robot on a PC.
The programs and system settings can be exchanged directly between the real robots and the PC, and vice versa, to be edited and tested offline.
Dimensions: (LxWxH mm): 3100 x 1000 x 2000
weight (Kg): 350
- User Manual
- Pedagogical manual
- Technical documentation of the components
- Lab exercises
- Certificate of conformity CE